Eclipse – Catamaran
Brand New Luxury Catamaran
- 62 foot sailing Lagoon catamaran
- Accommodates 8 guests
- 4 queen cabins
- On board SCUBA diving available.
Yacht Eclipse is a brand new 2016 Lagoon 620 catamaran. There is a large upstairs shaded fly-bridge which provides added space and a great breeze with 360 views while sailing or chilling at anchor. The light wood interior with dark floors along with all vertical saloon windows gives the feeling of actually being outside. The saloon sliding glass doors open to a full outdoor seating area to enjoy your cuisine in the fresh air. Eclipse’s crew of 3 is Captain Jack, Stewardess/mate Jaimey & chef Melissa. Jack & Jaimey have been chartering together for 6 years and know the BVI like the back of their hand. Jack was in the US Navy and a Nuclear Engineering consultant before pursuing his passion of sailing. He crossed the Atlantic Ocean by himself and has been the captain of various sailing yachts in the Caribbean. Jaimey grew up around the water and has a Civil Engineering degree. Jaimey’s passion for the water and hosting brought her to the Caribbean. Jack & Jaimey are joined by experienced yacht chef Melissa. Melissa has a degree in Culinary Arts from Le Cordon Bleu Culinary School in Chicago. Melissa is passionate about cooking and has even written her own cookbook. She recently founded Island Eats Culinary Adventures that she works with when not chartering on Eclipse. This crew will surely give you an EPIC charter vacation of a lifetime.
$30,500-$38,500 per week
** Reviews of crew from previous work on Blue Moon.
Wonderful Trip, Crew & Food
Exceeded Our Expectations
Looking Forward To Our Next Adventure on Eclipse
- Air conditioning and fans
- Swim platforms and heated deck showers
- Watermaker and generators
- Free Broadband WiFi Internet access
- Direct TV and Apple TV with hundreds of movies
- Full surround sound system
- iPod docking station
- Cockpit ice maker
- 15’ rigid inflatable boat w/70hp engine
- Water Skis for adults and kids
- Snorkel Gear
- Wakeboard & towable doughnut
- 2 Stand up paddle boards
- Light fishing gear
- 1-1person kayak
- SCUBA diving available
Model: Lagoon Catamaran
Engines: 2 Yanmar engines
The crew are an energetic and fun loving couple that will make you feel relaxed and at ease. They are passionate about sailing and share a love for the Caribbean. Captain Jack has intriguing historical stories about the Caribbean and Jaimey will guide you on snorkeling tours around the best reefs in the area. Jack is from the United States and Jaimey is from the cold north of Canada. Together, these two are a professional hard working team who are enjoying life to the fullest.
Captain Jack was born and raised in Annapolis Maryland sailing the waters of the Chesapeake. He started sailing as a young boy with his father. He studied Nuclear Engineering at the University of Maryland and after served in the US Navy as a submariner. After leaving the Navy, Jack worked for as a Nuclear Engineering consultant for 12 years during which time he obtained a Master’s in Business Administration from Johns Hopkins University in Maryland. Jack built sea miles doing deliveries and passages throughout his years in the corporate world. Finally, Jack decided to fulfill his lifelong dream of being a sea Captain and left the US. Jack single handed across the Atlantic and has completed many other crossings and long distance deliveries. Jack has also skippered numerous recreational vessels, including day sails and dive boats. Jack is passionate about being on the water, but even more passionate about sailing. He has spent the past 7 years in the Caribbean working in the private yacht industry, running day charters and Captaining term charters vessels with up to 10 guests. Jack has a contagious joy for life, and with his experience in sailing, determination and hard work ethic it is ensured that all guests will have a safe, relaxing and delightful vacation.
First Mate & Hostess Jaimey was born and raised in Canada. From the time she was born, she spent summers yachting on the lakes around Ontario with her family. Jaimey has a Civil Engineering degree from McGill University in Quebec and worked in the Environmental Engineering field following university. Jaimey’s love for warmth and water brought her to the Caribbean 6 years ago where she learned to sail. With Jaimey’s love for sailing and the water she is the optimal first mate and with fine dining and good food as a passion of her families, she could not help but have a natural affinity and love for cooking. Jaimey enjoys experimenting with new recipes and she is happy to meet all dietary needs, she especially enjoys cooking vegetarian. Jaimey’s delightful meals, hard work ethic and caring nature guarantees guests feel relaxed and at home on their vacation.
Jack and Jaimey have spent the past year chartering in St. Vincent and the Grenadines, St. Martin and the BVI’s. Their joy for life, great service and easy going nature will ensure guest have a unforgettable vacation leaving them relaxed and filled with lasting memories!
Captain Jack & Mate Jaimey are joined by Mel, your chef onboard Eclipse!
Mel has always had a passion with food…be it eating or making it. After graduating from Indiana University with a Bachelor’s degree she had little interest in pursuing, she earned her Culinary Arts degree from the Le Cordon Bleu Culinary School in Chicago. It was there that Mel was able to turn her passion into a career. After a few Chicago winters, however, she was ready to trade in her snow boots for flip flops, and that’s just what she did. Even more fortuitous, she was able to find a venue in which to channel her love of cooking in the Caribbean: cooking on charter yachts.
Mel enjoys cooking just about everything! She has a deep appreciation for all cuisines; be it comfort food from her own Midwest roots, to international zest, to healthy and light. Mel’s favorite way to cook is to take something “ordinary” and add a special flair to make it stand out from the norm.
Mel also enjoys sharing her passion with others. During her time working on boats she has written and published a cookbook, created an online support forum for yacht chefs (currently with over 200 members), and most recently founded Island Eats Culinary Adventures; an interactive cooking experience designed to teach others the fundamentals of cooking. Cooking has always been something she loves and is thrilled at being able to explore that passion in multiple venues.
Of course, working on a boat in the islands would not be as fun if she didn’t enjoy the activities! Mel loves scuba diving, snorkeling, water skiing, and just floating in the water. Her personal interests include hiking, running, yoga, writing, exploring new horizons, watching movies, doing crossword puzzles, photography and meeting new people.
Mel looks forward to meeting you soon and showing you what she enjoys doing most: cooking delicious meals for others!
Children of all ages are welcome aboard ECLIPSE
- Classic Poached Eggs wrapped in Ham, Tomato and Onion served with bacon
- Savoury Apple and Cinnamon French toast bake served with warm maple syrup and sausage links
- Eggs Florentine with Bacon rolls
- Flavourful Vegetable and Feta Frittata with a potato crust served with bacon
- Australian Style Cheesy Egg and Bacon Pie served with fried tomatoes
- Classic eggs Benedict with Canadian bacon and Creamy Hollandaise sauce
- Breakfast Burritos filled with red and green peppers, spring onion, tomatoes, pepper jack cheese, and Scrambled eggs, served with spiced home fries
- All served with Coffee, Teas, Fruit Juice, Cereal, Fresh local fruits, Yoghurts and an assortment of Muffins, Fresh Scones, Croissants, Bagels and Breads
- Seared Tuna Nicoise Salad drizzled with Italian herb dressing and served with warm Baguette
- Tropical Chicken Salad with Heart of palm served with Warm Bread rolls
- Grilled Chicken salad with sweet corn, red peppers and black beans served with a spicy vinaigrette dressing and warm fresh bread
- Melon Prosciutto and Gouda salad topped with Walnuts and Green Olives served with a honey mustard dressing and Ciabatta
- Cheeseburger in Paradise, grilled to order with a Variety of Cheeses and an assortment of salads
- Mexican Beef Taco Salad served in individual Bread Bowls with Guacamole, Sour cream, Jalapenos and Mexican cheese
- Crab Cake Stack served on a Bed of Rocket with Lemon wedges and a Sweet Thai Chili sauce
- Traditional Indian Rotis served with Caribbean mango chutney and Sambals
- Smoked Salmon served with Cucumber Raita dressing on a bed of Fresh Spinach leaves
- Toasted Parmesan and Balsamic and Basil Bruschetta
- Mini Fish Cakes served with tartar sauce and wedges of lemons
- Baked caramelized onion and brie tartlets in filo dough drizzled with a balsamic reduction glaze
- Mahi-mahi Ceviche
- Hot and creamy Artichoke dip with Toasted Pita Chips
- Antipasto Platter – a variety of Italian Salamis, Marinated Artichokes, Peppers, Olives and Cheese served with Crispy Baguettes
- Creamy Garlic, Onion and Tomato Mussels with Toasted Bread fingers
- Butternut Squash soup with a sprinkle of nutmeg and a dash of cream
- Portobello Mushroom Melt served with warm Roasted Pine Kernels
- Coconut Shrimp with spring vegetables and Saffron Rice
- Grilled Mahi Mahi with a lemon white wine and parsley sauce served with Aubergine and Lentil Salad and Pearl Couscous
- Grilled Shrimp Skewers on a bed of Pesto Linguini with Roasted Red Peppers served with a Tomato, Basil and fresh Mozzarella Salad
- Spice Rubbed Pork Tenderloin served with baked Sweet potatoes and sautéed apples with Spiced Barbeque Gravy
- Grilled Beef Tenderloin with Portobello mushroom and port wine sauce, Roasted rosemary new potatoes, Seasonal vegetables.
- Baby Back Ribs with Crispy Wedges and Ranch Baby Carrots
- Grilled Jerk Chicken with Plantain Mashed Potatoes and steamed Broccoli flowerets
- Sesame Seared Tuna Fillets with an Asian dipping sauce served with Julianne Sautéed Spring Vegetables and Basmati Rice.
- Fondant au chocolate
- Pina Colada cheesecake
- Pineapple. Mango and Banana Nutmeg Crumble Pie with Vanilla Cream
- Black Forest Kahlua Chocolate Cake
- Creamy Lemon Cheesecake Pie
- Coconut and Lime Rice Pudding topped with Mangoes and Cashews
- Sweet Banana Tart with Vanilla Ice Cream and drizzled with Bailey’s
- All served with Imported Coffees and Fine Liqueurs
$30,500-$38,500 per week
- Use of the yacht with Professional Captain and Chef
- All onboard meals-breakfast. Lunch, appetizer, dinner and dessert
- Snacks-fresh fruit, popcorn, granola bars, chips, chocolate and more
- Beverages-water, juices, sodas, coffee, beer, wine and fully stocked bar
- Water sports-snorkel gear and all water toys
- Broadband wireless internet access
- SCUBA equipment
- Air conditioning
- Cruising taxes and permits, BVI license and port fees
- Fuel for yacht and dinghy
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Shore activities such as dining, shopping or special off yacht excursions
- Premium beverages not normally stocked & excessive alcohol consumption
- Airport transfers
- BVI individual fishing licenses
- Crew gratuity of 15-20%
*Prices are subject to change at any time
** Epic Yacht Charters BVI provides the most updated information on yachts available but cannot guarantee any details are 100% correct until we verify with the specific yacht.